al-Burdayni mosque, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 2.81 (π/64)°.
- Contains 8 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 73.12 (13π/32)°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 73.12 (13π/32)°.
- Contains one regular 16-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 73.12 (13π/32)°.
- There are 18 non-regular reflective tiles (including 6 kites).
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 400 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus. ID=7827 M201P0050 (al-Burdayni mosque, Cairo, Egypt. North area of qibla wall, panel between windows) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings