Bourgoin, Plate 51
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 185 polygons.
- Figure 492 (Karatay Han, Turkey. Stone carving inside main entrance arch) from [hill] (1240AD, 637AH)
- Thesaurus Islamicus (al-Rifa'i mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Panel on doors on west facade) from [pc] (1869-1910AD, 1286-1328AH)
- Figure 35d from [elsaid]
- Page 54, photo 34 (Abbasid Palace, Baghdad, Iraq) from [bonner]
- Plate 51 from [bourgoin]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 2