Bourgoin, Plate 54
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 207 polygons.
- From Tony Lee (Kebir Cami, Aksaray, Turkey. Side of wooden minbar) from [pc] (13th century AD)
- Figure 56 (Bibi-Khanym, Samarkand, Central Asia. Spandrel over entrance to main prayer hall) from [hill] (1404AD, 806AH)
- Page 388, Fig 183-2 (Bibi-Khanym, Samarkand, Central Asia. Spandrel over entrance to main prayer hall) from [rempel] (1404AD, 806AH)
- E.3842:42-1938 (Cairo, Egypt. Sketchbook by James Wild) from [vami]
- Plate 54 from [bourgoin]
- Thesaurus Islamicus (Qijmas al-Ishaqi mosque, Cairo, Egypt. qibla iwan, lintels over first and third doors from the east and west) from [pc]
- Very similar to Page 231 from [abas]
- Vol2, page 290, (/3) (Royal Palace, Fez, Morocco. Detail of back on momumental door) from [paccard]