Bourgoin, Plate 143
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains three regular octagons.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 247 polygons.
- Page 53, bottom right (Imam al-Shafi'i, Cairo, Egypt. Painted woodem soffit of the entrance) from [okane2] (1211AD, 607AH)
- Panel in collection (Ahmad Ibn Tulun, Cairo, Egypt. Part of original minbar) from [vami] (1296AD, 695AH)
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 0504 (Ahmad Ibn Tulun, Cairo, Egypt. Minbar, partly original) from [wadei] (1845-69AD, 1261-86AH)
- P143 from [bourgoin]
- Page 147 from [critchlow]
- Pages 269 and 282 from [abas]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 2