Bourgoin, Plate 176
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains three regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 269 polygons.
- Page 148, Fig 5.66 (Sultan Han caravanserai, Sultanhanı, Turkey) from [broug2] (1229AD, 626AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0509 (Sultan Han, Konya-Akseray road, Turkey) from [wadei] (1229AD, 626AH)
- Plate 46 and 48 (Plate 48 being from Koran from Egypt in British Library (Or. 848 f, 1v)) from [wilson] (14th century AD)
- Figure 299 (Village mosque, Oshtorjan, Iran. Arch soffit) from [hill] (1315AD, 714AH)
- Figure 90 of Volume 3, Page 72 (Jame' mosque, Kerman, Iran) from [iran] (1350AD, 750AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 2206 (Masjid-e Jamie'-e, Kerman, Iran) from [wadei] (1350AD, 750AH)
- (Fatehpur Sikri, Turkish Sultana's House, India) from [smith2] (1571AD, 978AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0700 (Akbar's mausoleum, Sikandra, India) from [wadei] (1613AD, 1022AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0711 (Akbar's mausoleum, Sikandra, India) from [wadei] (1613AD, 1022AH)
- Figure 4.10 (Mausoleum of Itmad-al-Daula, India) from [abas] (1622AD, 1031AH)
- Figure 116 of Volume 3, Page 172 (Seyyed mosque, Isfahan, Iran. Central motif) from [iran] (1850-1900AD, 1266-1318AH)
- Plate 31, Figure 62b (Gazur Gah, Herat, Afghanistan, Central Asia) from [elsaid]
- Getty image 148905616 (Jame' mosque, Kerman, Iran) from [pc]
- Plate 176 from [bourgoin]
- Plate 90 (Darb-e Kushk, Isfahan, Iran. mosaic in entrance portal) from [seherr]
- Vol II (Chehel Sotoun Palace, Isfahan, Iran. Safavid) from [booth]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 22