Wakala al-Ghuri, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains five regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains two regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has four finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 473 polygons.
- Photo by Miroslaw Majewski (Muradiye Cami, Edirne, Turkey) from [pc] (1435-6AD, 838-9AH)
- Page 62, Fig 2.63 and 5.92 (Lid of Qur'an box of Ottman Sultan Selim II) from [broug2] (1566-74AD, 973-82AH)
- Photo from Richard Henry (Havatan Turbesi - Tomb of Havatan, Istanbul, Turkey) from [pc] (1627AD, 1036AH)
- Internet photo The Metropolitan Museum of Art (No location, Dado panel, Egypt. (1970.327.8), Polychrome marble mosaic) from [pc]
- Page40, photo 22 (Gunbad-i Alaviyyan, Hamadan, Iran) from [bonner]
Collections of similar tilings