(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The versions from Constantine and Dougga have extensive ornmentation.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 27 polygons.
- Pl 163 (a,c) (Rame and Marusinac) from [balmelle]
- Pl 164 (b,c) (Constantine and Dougga) from [balmelle]
- Tiling 4.8.8 (Known to the Greeks!) from [myers]
- Vol2, page 179 (Mir Qavam al-Din Mar'ashi, Amol, Iran) from [iran]