Casa de Pilatos, Seville
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains three regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 215 polygons.
- Page 45, bottom (House of Pilate, Seville, Spain. Stucco work) of Robert Field. Geometric Patterns from Islamic Art and Architecture, Tarquin Publications, 1998. ISBN 189961822. [field4]