Hagia Sophia, Istanbul
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 121 polygons.
- Page 62, bottom (Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey. Stucco) of Robert Field. Geometric Patterns from Islamic Art and Architecture, Tarquin Publications, 1998. ISBN 189961822. [field4]
- Photo by Miroslaw Majewski (Beyazid II mosque, Istanbul, Turkey. Minaret) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]