Roman mosaic, Sfax
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 60°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 33 polygons.
- 8288-1863 (Central Asia. or China. Woven textile) from [vami] (1300-50AD, 699-750AH)
- 308:80-1866 (Toledo, Spain. Tile) from [vami] (15th century AD)
- 01710(IS) (Hala and Sind in Pakistan. Tile) from [vami] (1870AD, 1287AH)
- Derived from 6**3 from [gands]
- Fig 14.1c from [ww]
- Flickr photo (Shah-i-Zinda, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [pc]
- Page 55 right (Shrine of Abu'l-Hajjah, Luxor, Egypt) from [okane2]
- Pl 210 (c) (Sfax) from [balmelle]
- Plate 20, Figure 43 (Detail of Persian manuscript) from [elsaid]
- Uniform Star Polygons with Digons from [wich2]