Alcazar of Seville, Hall of the Ambassors
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- Gold star pattern(photo).
Dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 113 polygons.
- Internet photo, Flickr (Alcazar, Seville, Spain. Decorated wooden doorway) from [pc]
- Page 22 from [cahier]
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 2219 from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 2319 from [wadei]
- Photo from John Rigby, number 180 (Alcazar, Seville, Spain. Hall of the Ambassors, colours to match) from [pc]
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Alcazar, Seville, Spain. Salon de Techo de Carlos V, Wood inlay) from [pc]
Collections of similar tilings