Royal Palace Museum, Fez, Morocco
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains three regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 243 polygons.
- Page 101 bottom-right (Royal Palace Museum, Fez, Morocco. Ornate wooden door with no colouring) from [castera]
- Page 63, middle right from [degeorge2]
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 2505 (Alcazar, Seville, Spain) from [wadei]
- Vol 1, page 210, top left (Colouring from here) from [paccard]
Collections of similar tilings