Moulay Idriss Zaouia, Fez
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains three regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 303 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: MOR 0616 (Moulay Ishmael Mosque, Fez, Morocco) from [wadei] (1437AD, 840AH)
- Fig 9.9a from [ww]
- Page 268 right (Fez, Morocco: Moulay Idriss Zaouia, original colouring) from [castera]
- Photo by David Wade: MOR 0329 (Moulay Ishmael Mosque, Fez, Morocco) from [wadei]
Collections of similar tilings