Mausoleum of l'timad al-Daula, Agra
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- Gold star pattern(photo).
Dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 183 polygons.
- Page 61, Figure 78 (Itimad-ud-Daula's Tomb, Agra, India, Ornamentation on a pillar) from [clevenot] (1622AD, 1031AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0414 (Itimad-ud-Daula's Tomb, Agra, India) from [wadei] (1626AD, 1035AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 1002 (Hakim mosque, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei] (1656AD, 1066AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0506 (Tillya-Kari Madrasah, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [wadei] (1660AD, 1070AH)
- Figure 24 from [elsaid]
- Pages 11 and 43 of Volume 4, 90 of vol5 (Nim Avard Madrasah, Isfahan, Iran) from [iran]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 7