Friday mosque, Varamin
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 257 polygons.
- Photo 240 (black and white) (Friday mosque, Varamin, Iran) from [pope] (1322AD, 722AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 2924 (Friday mosque, Varamin, Iran) from [wadei] (1322AD, 722AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0417 (Itimad-ud-Daula's Tomb, Agra, India) from [wadei] (1626AD, 1035AH)
- Flickr photo (Bukhara, Central Asia) from [pc]
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 1705 (Entrance to Primary School, Isfahan) from [wadei]
- Vol 2, page 93 (Royal Palace, Marrakesh, Morocco) from [paccard]