(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
See related pattern Alhambra, Patio de los Arrayanes.
- Gold star pattern(photo).
Dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 607 polygons.
- Andalucia photograph by John Rigby (Alhambra museum, Spain. Colour from the original, except ornamentation on star omitted) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings