Alhambra, Patio de los Arrayanes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The Alhambra, detail of one of the wooden doors at centre of south portico in the Patio de los Arrayanes. These doors have patterns on both sides; the reference photo shows the pattern with the doors closed, seen from the Patio.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 237 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 2816 (Alhambra, Patio de los Arrayanes, Spain. (south portico)) from [wadei] (1354-62AD, 755-63AH)
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 2835 (Alhambra, Patio de los Arrayanes, Spain. (north end)) from [wadei] (1354-62AD, 755-63AH)
- Fig 9.3, photo and Fig 9.4c from [ww]
- Photo by Nick Crossing (No colour in the original wooden door) from [pc]
Collections of similar tilings