Ali Qoli Aqa mosque, Isfahan
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains three regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and three infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 177 polygons.
- Vol 3, Figure 114, page 175 (Ali Qoli Aqa mosque, Isfahan, Iran) from [iran] (1122AD, 515AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 0327 (Royal Mosque, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei] (1611AD, 1020AH)
- Fig 12.7a from [ww]
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 0517 (Friday mosque, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 0827 (Imamzeda Darbi Islam, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei]