Atabaki courtyard, Qom
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains three regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 225 polygons.
- Internet photo (Madrasah al-Mustansiriyya, Baghdad, Iraq. Spandrel from the Abbasid period building) from [pc] (1227-34AD, 623-31AH)
- Page 328, Fig. 233b (Agzikara Han, Turkey) from [bonner] (1231-40AD, 628-37AH)
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 0724 (al-Nasir Muhammad Mosque, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1335AD, 735AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0121 (Gur-e Amir Mausoleum, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [wadei] (1404AD, 806AH)
- Figure 40, 35/2000, top and bottom panels of back (No location, Iran. ivory, wood and brass panels) from [blair] (17th century AD)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 1531 (Masjid-e-Sayyed, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei] (1840AD, 1256AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 1612 (Masjid-e-Sayyed, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei] (1840AD, 1256AH)
- British Library images, OR MS848, ff. iv-2 (Sultan Baybars' Qur'an, pages 25/26) from [pc]
- E.3840:68-1938 (Cairo, Egypt. Sketchbook by James Wild) from [vami]
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 0832 (Imamzeda Darbi Islam, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 3035 (Fatima's Haram, Qom, Iran) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0121 (Gur-e Amir Mausoleum, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [wadei]
- Vol 3, Figure 79, page 30 (Atabaki courtyard, Qom, Iran. Original colouring is unclear due to extensive ornamentation) from [iran]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 23