Nim Avard Madrasah, Isfahan
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two squares.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 145 polygons.
- Page 31, photo 15 (Tomb of Nasr ibn Ali, Uzgen, Kyrgystan, Central Asia) from [bonner] (1012-3AD, 402-3AH)
- Photo 210 (Friday mosque, Isfahan, Iran. Ceiling decoration) from [pope] (1310AD, 709AH)
- Plate X (Masjid-e Ali, Isfahan, Iran. Half-dome of portal) from [pope] (1522AD, 928AH)
- Page 71, Fig 3.21 (Shrine of Darb-e Imam, Isfahan, Iran) from [broug2]
- Vol 3, Figure 81, page 37 (Nim Avard Madrasah, Isfahan, Iran) from [iran]
Collections of similar tilings