Roman mosaic, Tipasa
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The proportions and extent of ornamentation varies.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 90°.
- Contains two squares.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 133 polygons.
- Figure 205 edge pattern, page 200 (No location, Lattice pattern, Cairo, Egypt. Example of Mushrabiyyah, no colouring) from [briggs]
- Pl 129 (d) (Tipasa) from [balmelle]
- Pl 130 (a) (Thuburbo Majus) from [balmelle]
- Pl 146 (a,e) (Bologne and Russi) from [balmelle]