Bourgoin, Plate 118, non-standard construction
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Common and widespread, but proportions extremely variable, see also Yazd - Jameh Mosque.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 7.5°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 321 polygons.
- Photo by Miroslaw Majewski (Serefeli Mosque, Edirne, Turkey) from [pc] (1419-21AD, 822-4AH)
- Plate 68 (al-Burdayni mosque, Cairo, Egypt) from [d-avennes] (1629AD, 1038AH)
- Figure 54 (Al-Qarawiyyin mosque, Fez, Morocco. Stained glass over mihrab arch) from [landau]
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 0636 (Masjid-i-Jami, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei]
- Plate 118 (Parallel petals (colours from landau)) from [bourgoin]