Alhambra, Sala del Mexuar
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The Alhambra, Sala del Mexuar, two wooden ceilings across the width of the hall, to the north and south of the former lantern area.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains two regular 12-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 351 polygons.
- Photo from Mary Anne Sullivan (Alhambra, El Mexuar, Spain. No colour) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]