Turbe of Kilic Arslan, Konya
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 3°.
- Contains one regular pentagon.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including 3 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 268 polygons.
- Page 179, bottom middle (Turbe of Kilic Arslan, Konya, Turkey) from [degeorge2] (1156-92AD, 550-87AH)
- Page 126, Fig 4.85 (Alaaddin Mosque, Konya, Turkey) from [broug2] (1220AD, 616AH)
- Page 126, Fig 4.86 (Madrasah al-Mustansiriyya, Baghdad, Iraq. Different proportions) from [broug2] (1227AD, 623AH)
- Fig 11.7b from [ww]