Zellij dado, Sa'di tombes, Marrakech
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 16-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 397 polygons.
- Page 76 (Zellij dado, Sa'di tombes, Marrakech, 16th century, Morocco) from [degeorge]
- Vol 1, page 407 (Mohammad V mausoleum, Rabat, Morocco) from [paccard]
- Vol 2, page 285 (Detail of door, Royal Palace, Fez, Morocco) from [paccard]
- Vol 2, page 288 (Detail of door, Royal Palace, Marrakesh, Morocco) from [paccard]
- Vol 2, page 398 (Marrakesh, Dar Beida, ceiling panel, Morocco) from [paccard]
Collections of similar tilings