Samarkand, Registan Square
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- Gold star pattern(photo).
Dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 5°.
- Contains one regular 9-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 70°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 70°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 248 polygons.
- Photo from Donald Bell, slide 129 (Registan Square, Samarkand, Central Asia) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]