Cairo, Zawiyat al-Abbar
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Revised: Metrics from AJL
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 10°.
- Contains one regular 9-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 110°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 100°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 518 polygons.
- Vol 2, Plate 61c (Cairo, Zawiyat al-Abbar, Dated 1283, Egypt) from [creswell]
- Vol 2, Plate 98b (Khanqa of Baybars al-Gashankir, Egypt) from [creswell]
- Vol 2, Plate 116e (Khanqa al-Bunduqdariya, 2nd mausoleum, Egypt) from [creswell]
- Vol 2, Plate 112c (Madrasa-mausoleum of Salar & Sangar al-Gawli, mihrab in courtyard, Egypt) from [creswell]
Collections of similar tilings