Madrasah Halawiye, Aleppo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 243 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: SYR 0611 (Madrasah Halawiye, Aleppo, Syria) from [wadei] (1245AD, 642AH)
- Page 140 (Sultan Khushqadam al-ahmadi, Cairo, Egypt) from [okane2] (1376-1486AD, 777-891AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0326 (Agra Fort, India) from [wadei] (1573AD, 980AH)
- Part 4, Plate IV (Fatehpur Sikri, Friday Mosque, India) from [smith2] (1648AD, 1058AH)
- Page 124, photo 76 (Abulla Ansari, Gazargah, Afghanistan, Central Asia) from [bonner]
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 2320 (Shrine of Shah Ni'matuollahi, Mahan, Iran) from [wadei]
- Table 23 (Sultan Han, Turkey) from [erdmann]