Window grill, Shahr-e Kord, Iran
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 3.75°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 112.5° - composed of kites.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 97.5° - composed of kites.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including 4 kites) and two reflective pairs.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 519 polygons.
- Figures 232 and 233 (Hefah Tan mausoleum) from [orazi]
- From Tony Lee (Charbagh Madrasah, Isfahan, Iran) from [pc]
- From Tony Lee (Shahr-e Kord, Iran) from [pc]
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 1135 (Madrasah-yi-Madar-i-e-Shah, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei]