Alhambra, El Mexuar,
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Two long carved and painted wooden beams enclosing the central lantern on its east and west sides.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains two regular octagons.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 473 polygons.
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Alhambra, El Mexuar, Spain. Little colour in original, plaster panel) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]