Alhambra, Sala de las dos Hermanas
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Taken from the end section of the ceiling in a side chamber of the Sala de las Dos Hermanas.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 407 polygons.
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Alhambra, Sala de las Dos Hermanas, Spain. Wood inlay from a side gallery) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings