Shah-i-Mashhad, Badghis Provence, Afghanistan
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 9°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains one regular pentagon.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 126°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 311 polygons.
- Page 87 (Minaret of Jam, Afghanistan, Central Asia) from [rogers] (1190AD, 585AH)
- Figure 23 (Sahib Ata mosque, Konya, Turkey. Ceramic round mihrab) from [aslanapa] (1282AD, 680AH)
- Figure 433 (Sahib Ata mausoleum, Turkey. Ceramic on sofit of great arch,) from [hill] (1282AD, 680AH)
- Figure 29 (Eshrefoghlu mosque, Beysehir, Turkey. Ceramic mosaic round mihrab,) from [aslanapa] (1296-1302AD, 695-701AH)
- Plate 118 (Karatay Madrasah, Konya, Turkey. Ceramic mosaic) from [seherr] (1440-60AD, 843-64AH)
- Plate 34 (Ghorid Period, 12/13th century) from [burckhardt]