Alhambra, Salon de Comares
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
This composition occurs as two pairs of rectangular ceramic mosaic panels in the NE and NW corners of the Salon de Comares (see Alhambra, Salon de Comares for those in the SE and SW corners).
- Gold star pattern(photo).
Dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains three squares.
- Contains 7 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains three regular four-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains 28 regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 18 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition with straight cross-overs, but interlace counts not determined.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 3029 polygons.
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Spain) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]