Tomb of Moulay Ishmael, Meknes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Common and widespread, proportions variable; occurs throughout Islam
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 10°.
- Contains one regular 9-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 80°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 313 polygons.
- Plate XLIII(8) (From the Grenada Palace, Spain) from [jones]
- postcard (Ornamental panel from a Koran, Morocco AD 1568, British Library, or.1405,f.400a.) from [pc]
- Page 193 from [abas]
- Page 42 from [cahier]
Collections of similar tilings