Alhambra, Torre de las Infantas
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Ceramic mosaic panels on jambs of arches into the side chambers of the Torre de las Infantas. Colours are white, black, honey-brown, blue and green.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 45 polygons.
- vol5, page 54 (Charbagh Madrasah, Isfahan, Iran) from [iran] (1122AD, 515AH)
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 0606 (Alhambra, Torre de las Infantas, Spain) from [wadei] (1232-1417AD, 629-820AH)
- Page 126 (Window grille at Alhambra (probably incorrect)) from [critchlow]
- Page 300 from [abas]