Doner Khatum, Kayseri
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two regular octagons.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 93 polygons.
- Page 257, Fig. 126f (al-Aqsa, Jerusalem) from [bonner] (1168-74AD, 563-9AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0809 (Doner Khatum, Kayseri, Turkey) from [wadei] (1276AD, 674AH)
- Page 142 from [critchlow]
- Page 301 from [abas]