al-Rifa'i mosque, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 442 (p4).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- There are no non-regular reflective pairs and one tile with no mirror image.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 115 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus, F6944 (al-Rifa'i mosque, Cairo, Egypt. West hall, lintel in south wall) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1869-1910AD, 1286-1328AH)