Alhambra, Sala de los Abencerrajes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Stucco frieze round all four walls of the main hall of the Sala de los Abencerrajes, just above the arches.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two squares.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 431 polygons.
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Alhambra, Sala de los Abencerrajes, Spain, Colour as in the original) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]