Alhambra, Mexuar/Arrayanes corridor
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The largest of three small ceiling panels in the short connecting porch between the SE vestibule from the Mexuar Patio and the main, long corridor leading to the Patio de los Arrayanes.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 442 (p4).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 129 polygons.
- From a photo by Nick Crossling (Spain) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings