Alhambra, Mexuar Hall
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
A pair of stucco friezes, on the east and west walls of the Mexuar Patio, level with the former central lantern, and just below the ceiling.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains three regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 9 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 367 polygons.
- Photo from Nick Crossling (Spain) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]