Sokullu Mehmet Pasha mosque
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains one regular pentagon.
- Contains five regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains two regular 10-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and four infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 515 polygons.
- Page 37 left (Sokullu Mehmet Pasha mosque, Turkey. No colour in original) of Daud Sutton. Islamic Design - a genius for geometry, Wooden books, London, 2007. ISBN 978190426359. [sutton]