Alhambra, Baño Real
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
A painted high stucco frieze extending round the main ground floor room of the rest room in the Royal Bath House.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 71 polygons.
- Photo from Tony Lee (Spain) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]