Fatehpur Sikri, Salim Chishti's Tomb
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 153 polygons.
- Part 1, Plate XVI (Fatehpur Sikri, Salim Chishti's Tomb, India. Mosaic pavement in entrance) of E W Smith,. The Moghul Architecture of Fathpur-Sikri, Archaeological Survey of India, 1896. [smith2] (1581AD, 989AH)