Shafi'i madrasa, portal
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 9°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 169 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus photo (Sultan Hasan, Cairo, Egypt. Lintel of door, east side of north wall) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1356-61AD, 757-62AH)