Minaret of Qaitbay
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 5°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 70°.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 9-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 70°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and two reflective pairs.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has five finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 223 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus (Qaytbay, Cairo, Egypt. Minaret) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings