Chehel Sotoun Palace, Isfahan
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 8 regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains five regular 10-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 9 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and four infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 1223 polygons.
- Flickr photo (Chehel Sotoun Palace, Isfahan, Iran, Ceiling) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]