Mustansiriya Madrasah, Baghdad
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 7.5°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 110 polygons.
- Internet photo (Tomb of Bayazid Bastami, Shahroud, Iran) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
- Page 223 ( Mustansiriya Madrasah, Baghdad, Iraq. Open brickwork) of Henri Stierlin. Islam: Early Architecture from Baghdad to Cordoba, Volume 1. Taschen, 1996. ISBN 382288561. [stierlin]