Mausoleum of Hagia Sophia, Istanbul
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains two regular hexagons.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 30°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 111 polygons.
- Page 56 (Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey. Window grill) of Robert Field. Geometric Patterns from Islamic Art and Architecture, Tarquin Publications, 1998. ISBN 189961822. [field4]