Kites from Hafez's tomb
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *10• (d10).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 23 regular pentagons.
- Contains three regular 10-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 306 polygons.
- Internet photo (Hafez's tomb, Shiraz, Iran. Pattern in kites, suitably extended) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1935AD, 1354AH)
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 6