Mosaic in Islamic Design
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The white surround of the black khatem is actually formed from several white tiles.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains three regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 353 polygons.
- From Alberto Leon (Mosaic in Islamic Design) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same irregular tiles: 4